Saturday, February 4, 2012

Volleyball!

This week, in the PE class that I TA for, the students started volleyball. 
 I was able to get my teacher's permission to take some pictures!

Carrie has done really well in this class so far. In the beginning, it was completely chaotic. There are 36 high school freshmen- each of them with a volleyball. Yikes!

On the first day, they practiced setting the ball to eachother. There were volleyballs flying every which way and people screaming and laughing.
Carrie was very attentive the whole time but never fell apart and went nuts. There were a few times when I had to leave her tied to the bleachers while I ran and helped other students with flat volleyballs.

I was extremely impressed with her when I left her tied. She just sat there patiently waiting for me to come back, cocking her head at me every so often.

I am really happy I chose to take this class! I am not very good at working on ball distraction with my dogs. With my first two, I was in PE myself and they always came with me to class. So I didn't have to worry about it with them. They were used to being tied up wherever I was, watching the various sports that we played.
With Hanalei, I didn't need to worry about it because she never showed much interest but Carrie deffinately has and I have not really had the chance to work with her until now.

I am pretty sure that I won't have to worry about the balls being an issue for her though. She has handled this week beautifully and we have 2 more weeks to really cement it into her brain!
I wonder what game they will be playing next...?

1 comment: